Wednesday 24 November 2010

Found this article while i was cleaning up my flat, sort of made sense!

Somethings Missing:

I return phone calls, i pay bills, i run errands, i do the dishes. Everything gets taken care of. Not a task left unchecked. My girlfriend sees me, My Parents see me. All personal affairs get filled and organized. I can sing freely along the crowded freeways to and from work knowing that i am caught up. The breeze feels good, the stars are bright and the sun is warm. I hear things like " wow, haven't seen you in a while, Where have you been?" My hair gets washed, i have a drink, i get out, I'm social, everything seems just dandy. And yet something is missing. Waves. These affairs have been handled because mother nature has given me a break. The dreaded flat spell serves as an organizer. I don't necessarily enjoy the separation period she imposes on our relationship but it gives me a chance to rebuild all the bridges that i have burned in her name. But now there is this big purple blob on the surf report radar, scheduled to make landfall on Wednesday. Once that hits its all over, back to scrambling to work with salt crusted eyebrows, hair soaking wet, sandy cold toes stuffed into used socks and a pocket full of excuses for tardiness. Back to wetsuit tan lines and underarm rashes. My existence on land once again nears extinction. Life is once again cluttered unorganised and totally in shambles, and for some reason i can't stop smiling!. "

No comments:

Post a Comment